If you're craving some soul-soothing goodness that'll transport your taste buds south of the border, look no further than these sopa-licious Mexican soup recipes!
Get ready for a flavorful fiesta that celebrates the rich culinary traditions of Mexico. From classic favorites like Tortilla Soup and Pozole to mouthwatering delights like Creamy Poblano Soup and Seafood Soup (Caldo de Mariscos), we've got your soup cravings covered!
And let's not forget the star of the show - Mexican Corn Soup (Sopa de Elote) - a creamy and dreamy celebration of fresh corn. So, put on your sombrero, grab a spoon, and let's dive into this sopa-tastic roundup of Mexican soup delights. Ole!
Mexican Soup Recipes To Try At Home
Mexican cuisine offers a wide variety of delicious and comforting soup recipes. Here are some popular Mexican soup recipes.
Mexican Soup Recipes: Simple Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion small, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 oz tomatoes diced (with juices) 1 can
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1 cup chicken rcooked and shredded (rotisserie chicken works well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- fresh cilantro chopped (for garnish)
- avocado Slices (for toppings)
- cheese shredded (for toppings)
- tortilla chips Crushed (for toppings)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic, ground cumin, and chili powder. Cook for another minute or until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes with their juices and cook for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and shredded chicken to the pot. Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the soup, stirring well to incorporate the citrusy brightness.
- For serving, ladle the hot soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, shredded cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.
These Mexican soup recipes showcase the diversity and richness of Mexican cuisine, offering a delightful array of flavors and ingredients to warm your heart and soul. Whether you're seeking spicy, hearty, or refreshing soups, Mexican cuisine has something to satisfy every palate.