Craving that signature Big Mac Sauce? Create it in your kitchen—zesty, creamy, and perfect for burgers, sandwiches, and fries. This copycat recipe is super simple and quick to make!
ℹ️ What Is Big Mac Sauce?
Big Mac Sauce is the special, tangy dressing that gives the famous Big Mac burger its iconic taste. It's a creamy blend with a hint of sweetness, a touch of tanginess, and a bit of spice.
Made from mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, mustard, and other flavor-packed ingredients, it's the secret sauce that adds a unique kick to McDonald's Big Mac.
🍔 Our Copycat Big Mac Sauce
Our copycat Big Mac sauce recipe will help you to recreate that special sauce from the famous burger joint right in your kitchen. It's a simple mix of mayo, tangy pickle relish, a touch of mustard, and some spices.
Use it to add that unique Big Mac flavor to your homemade burgers, sandwiches, or even as a dip for fries. It's an easy way to bring a taste of your favorite fast food to your own table!.
Is Big Mac Sauce similar to Thousand Islands Dressing?
Yes, Big Mac Sauce is quite similar to Thousand Island dressing! They share some common ingredients like mayonnaise and pickles, which give them a creamy and tangy flavor.
However, Big Mac Sauce has its own unique twist with additional elements like mustard and spices that give it that iconic taste.
You could use the Big Mac sauce where you would Thousand Island dressing and vice versa.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this Big Mac sauce recipe.
Mayonnaise - real, whole-egg mayonnaise that's not too sweet is best for this recipe.
Sweet relish - after mayo, this is a key ingredient and adds both tangy and sweet flavors.
Mustard - yellow mustard is ideal but you could replace with Dijon or even Hot English for extra kick.
Spices - garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
White vinegar - used for extra tang, can be omitted or replaced with white wine vinegar, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
👩🍳 How to Make Big Mac Sauce
The full recipe card with nutrition info is below. Here are some handy step-by-step photos.
Step 1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined. If using pickles instead of relish, you will need to chop them very finely and add a little extra sugar to the mix.
Step 2. Use immediately or store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
💭 Recipe Tips
- You can use dill relish instead of sweet, but you’ll miss an aspect to the flavor without that touch of sweetness. You can add a small amount of sugar to the mixture to make up for it. I would start with ¼ teaspoon and go from there. White granulated sugar is best.
- This sauce tastes its best when it has chilled in the fridge for 24 hours. All the flavors get to really mix together, but it’s still great when used right after making.
- We do not suggest freezing this recipe as it changes the texture of the sauce once thawed.
- We do not suggest using miracle whip in place of the real mayo as it changes the flavor of the sauce quite a bit.
💡 Ways To Use It
Here are some creative ways to use Big Mac Sauce:
- Burger sauce: The classic choice! Spread the sauce on a homemade Big Mac or store-bought burgers for that authentic taste. It will even go with our Katsu chicken burger.
- Sandwich spread: Elevate your sandwiches by adding a dollop of Big Mac Sauce for a zesty kick. It would be quite tasty on our fish sandwich.
- Dip into it: Use it as a dipping sauce for fries, raw veggies, onion rings, or even chicken nuggets or fried chicken.
- Salad dressing: Mix the sauce with a bit of vinegar to create a tangy salad dressing, especially for a slaw.
- Potato topper: Load up baked potatoes with Big Mac sauce, bacon bits, and cheese for a hearty treat.
- Pizza flavor: Use it as a unique pizza sauce or drizzle it over your favorite slices.
- Saucy marinade: Marinate grilled chicken or fish with this sauce for a delightful burst of flavor.
- Breakfast boost: Add a spoonful to breakfast sandwiches or scrambled eggs for a morning kick.
- Loaded fries: Turn ordinary fries into loaded fries by smothering them in Big Mac Sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Experiment with these ideas to discover how this Big Mac Sauce recipe can elevate various dishes and create a taste experience that's uniquely yours!
To store: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To freeze: We do not suggest freezing this sauce as it changes the texture of the sauce once thawed.
Big Mac Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sweet relish
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon white binegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week.